The Northern Road Upgrade Stage 1 involved the construction of road works, bridge works and associated activities to upgrade 3.3km of The Northern Road between Old Northern Road, Narellan and Peter Brock Drive, Oran Park in NSW.
Georgiou partnered with Ertech on the Northern Road Upgrade Stage 4, between Mersey Road, Bringelly and Eaton Road, Luddenham for Roads and Maritime Services (Roads and Maritime), valued at more than $120 million.
Scope of works include the diversion and widening of The Northern Road between Mersey Road, Bringelly and Eaton Road, Luddenham, construction of turning and bus priority lanes, an entry into Western Sydney International Airport and a three-metre wide off-road
Athassel’s scope was to construct
• 8.2km of watermain comprising of 375mm DICL and 250mm PVC
• 3 x 400mm RCP underbores by 70 m each, sleeved with 274mm welded SCL pipe
• Lay 250mm watermain into Western Sydney International Airport
• Scour valves and air valves
• Hydrostatic and compaction testing
• Connection to existing watermain
The complexities of the job included working around live traffic, traffic switches, pedestrian management, live watermains, liaising and laying pipe into the Sydney International Airport, working in and around high voltage electricity, high pressure gas and fibre optic cables as well as liaising with local community and farmers