Athassel Civil was engaged by AT&L on behalf of Goodman Property Services Pty Ltd to construct a 300mm watermain lead-in to provide water for Oakdale West Industrial Estate development. This work included the connection to the existing Sydney Water watermain system. From initial tender stages until completion a reliable trustworthy relationship was maintained between Goodman AT&L as this is the third job undertaken by Athassel for Goodman and AT&L in the area.
The Works comprised approximately 1462m of pipe works, including DN300 OPVC and DN400 PE, as well as sections of DN324 SLC, DN150 DICL, DN400RC and DN300/100 UPVC.
The proposed water main is extended from the intersection of Western North-South Link Road and Lenore Drive, Erskine Park, crossing to the north side of Lenore Drive, and was headed east along Lenore Drive for approximately 1,226m before crossing back for connection to an existing DN300mm main on the southern side of Lenore Drive. The water main is laid along Lenore Drive, generally within the allocated space in the road reserve.
Scope of works included:
- Installation of approximately 800m of 300mm PVC watermain,
- Directional drill underbore of 300m of 400mm OD HDPE,
- Thrust boring of 2 x 40m long 450mm RCP road crossings,
- Air valves, scour valves,
- Construct approx 1100 sqm of footpath,
- Kerb and gutter and landscape restoration
- Night works
- Hydrostatic and compaction testing to Sydney Water standards
The complexities of the job included directional drill underneath Ropes Creek and 2 thrust bore crossings underneath Lenore Drive, working around live traffic at night, pedestrian management, working in and around high voltage electricity and fibre optic cables.